One of the Kenwood Ham Radio Transceivers that I have kept my eye on is the Kenwood TS-590S. It is High Frequency HF Transceiver that will transmit from 6 meters to 160 meters. This would give an excellent number of bands and frequencies to choose to transmit and receive on. There are plenty of menus and a nice big lcd display for easy viewing. What I like is that it has that big boxy look like a radio should. Well that is just my preference and I say if you like a different look that is okay too.
|Kenwood TS-590S Transceiver|
- Superb RX Performance: Excellent Dynamic Range Even with Powerful Off-frequency Interference • Powerful 500Hz / 2.7kHz roofing filter
- DDS offers superb C/N (Carrier to Noise ratio) characteristics, significantly cutting noise generated by adjacent unwanted signals
- Wide Range of Features Thanks to 32-bit Floating-point DSP • Advanced AGC with digital signal processing from the IF stage onward
- Stable operation guaranteed. Designed for high reliability. • 100W heavy-duty design
- User-friendly menus, outstanding operating ease • Large display with 2-color LED backlight • USB connectivity for PC control
|Kenwood TS-480HX Transceiver|
- 200W output (50MHz: 100W) DC 13.8V in the TS-480HX
- TX/RX 16-bit AF digital signal processing
- Continuous RX: 500kHz (VFO: 30kHz) to 60MHz
- TX covers all Amateur bands 1.8MHz to 50MHz
- Separate LCD control panel with speaker
|Kenwood TS-990S Transceiver |
|Kenwood TS-2000 Transceiver|
High performance true IF/stage DSP on main band. AF stage DSP on sub-band. • Digital filtering. (No more expensive options to buy) • Satellite ready, with transverter frequency display.
Wide band receive. • Dual receive, (HF & 2m or 70cm) (2m & 2m) (70cm & 70cm) • Cross band repeat.
100 watts output on HF, 6 and 2 meters. 50 watts output on 70cm, 10 watts output on 1.2 GHz • Built-in a Auto Tuner HF through 6 meters • Built-in TNC for KSS/DX PACKET CLUSTER TUNE
Built-in RS-232 for computer control • Built-in TCXO (.5PPM) • CTCSS & DCS encode/decode
Electronic memory keyer World • 5+1 Antenna ports. (2 for HF & 6m, 1 for 2m, 1 for 70cm, 1 for 1.2 GHz option & 1 for and HF receive antenna)
My final bit of advise is that there are other awesome Ham Radio Transceivers out there made by Kenwood as well as Yaesu, Icom, Alinco and many others. I would check out all the information, ratings and reviews at http://www.eham.net/reviews/ . There are also plenty of videos on youtube where you can see and hear how the Ham Radio Transceiver functions as well as what other Hams are saying about a particular Ham radio Transceiver.
Thank You for reading from Dan KC2YTI 73s.